Neurology Community
Symptoms of ALS?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Symptoms of ALS?

I am 46 years old.  About 9 months ago, I became extremely ill and was bedridden for about 2 weeks. I was so weak that I could hardly get out of bed; lost about 10 pounds in 2 weeks.  At this same time, I had hives and angioedema; allergy testing revealed that they were autoimmune in origin.  My allergist told me, "If I were your husband or you, I would be very concerned about an autoimmune disease."  While I was sick, I also had trouble breathing and swallowing and could hardly raise my arms over my head.   All blood tests were relatively normal, though I had an elevated rheumatological test.  I saw a neurologist; neurological testing shows that I have hyperreflexia, sustained clonus in both ankles, as well as a slightly upward moving big left toe. Though I slowly began to recover after the illness, now I have tingling throughout my body, but mostly in my feet and hands. I also have tiny muscle twitches and then larger muscle "quivers" throughout my body (legs, torso, buttocks, feet, etc.). My neurologist has assured me that I do not have MS but has given me no information about possible causes of my symptoms.  A skin patch test was normal.  An MRI was normal, though it was done on a 1.5T machine without contrast.  EMG results showed "the bilateral peroneal F-waves are absent" and ""the EMG of the right deltoid showed a few polyphasics with a few narrow units."  Other symptoms:  burning sensation in my lungs and chest, inconsistent blood pressure readings (sometimes very high, sometimes low), tingling/numbness from elbows to pinkie and 4th fingers (comes and goes), extremely sore finger joints (comes and goes with no swelling), fatigue.  Do any of these symptoms sound like they could be ALS?  Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.
Do you have any amalgam fillings in your mouth, or did you have your amalgam fillings removed lately, then I would suspect this being the cause, as amalgam fillings consist of 50% mercury, and an alloy of lead, copper and titanium - all extremely dangerous materials. I had my mouth full of amalgam fillings and developed a myriad of symptoms out of nowhere, to the point where I came down with paralysis and chronic fatique, and practically nothing was functioning in my body after 3-4 years.

Having your fillings exchanged for white fillings puts an extra load of mercury and toxic substances on your system, which can be enough to provoke symptoms like the ones you are mentioning, and is considered responsible for ALS, dementia and MS.

Another place to look would be your teeth, especially if you had a new dental crown lately, which is composed of incompatible dental materials, or if you have old root canals or wisdom teeth extracted, which can set up infections in other parts of your body. Contact Clifford Consulting & Research, Inc., CO for material reactivity testing of your dental materials at (719) 550-0008 and consult Dr. Robert Evans at Groton Dental Wellness Spa for checking on problems from your teeth. Robert Evans is a very advanced holistic dentist, and he saved my life. I had oral surgery carried out in a number of affected areas in my jaw, which revealed a blot clot. I got my life back after clearing the mercury toxicity from my amalgam fillings with DMPS-treatments, restoring my mouth with white fillings according to a protocol, and removing the blood clot. It was a 5-year process to survive this, and the first 4 years I was not sure if I would live or die.

However, contact a specialist before doing this, as it is dangerous to remove your amalgam fillings all at once, as it adds a further load of toxicity to your body. Ask more questions, if you need to. I am a survivor, whereas most people die of mercury toxicity. What saved me was that I read somewhere that if you can actually cope with the resulting diseases, such as cancers, ALS, etc. etc. until your mercury level has decreased to a point where your immune system can start to function by itself again, you will survive. I survived through multiple cancers, a malignant tumor, blood clot etc. and finally got restored, except for chronic trigeminal neuralgia,

If you have not yet suspected your teeth as the cause, I would suggest to look here. Read Hulda Clark's Book "The Cure for all Diseases", but only the part where she speaks about the dental clean-up (look in the index for that and read that part first). It will tell you everything about dental clean-up, and is also a good book in all other respects. It will talk about ALS as well.

I wish you the best of luck - and should you require further information, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Edith