Symptoms say acoustic neuroma, MRI does not!
Hi there, sorry to bother.  I have had some problems with my ear  for the last 3 months : pressure, very bad one sided tinnitus, occassional numb tongue on the same side, constant dull ear ache, occassional same side eye interference (black spot in centre of eye), a bit unbalanced and lacking in spacial awareness a consultant suggested such symptoms were consistant with an acoustic neuroma.  I came home and googled (!) and I am minded to agree, in fact I was relieved that my symptoms matched so well as at least it "had a name"  Later that week and MRI with dye (Gadinium?) was performed and the next day the radiologist said that there was no evidence of a vestibular schwannoma.  Whilst i am relieved I'm also a bit concerned as to what else it could be???

I wondered whether the radiologist could miss read a small AN and perhaps I should sit tight until my ENT consultant reviews the MRI upon his return from holiday.  I am scheduled to see him Thursday next.  Any views?

The most common cause would be benign positional vertigo.  It can often be treated with physical therapy moves.  

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002393/
thank you for the link, I had a good read but this is probably the only symptom I don't have.  Still a good shout though.  
The MRI results will tell you a good deal about what is causing the symptoms.  It could be a number of different conditions with an Acoustic Neuroma being one possibility.  For more information about acoustic neuromas contact the Acoustic Neuroma Association in the US at www.anausa.org.  There is also an association in Great Britain.  Best of luck