Neurology Community
Syringomyelia Pain and numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Syringomyelia Pain and numbness

I have recently been diagnosed and want to learn more about all thismy syrinx is 8.5x4.5x2mm and wondered if this is big or small comparitively speaking. It started with headaches and pain in my wrist, originally was diagnosed with carpal tunnel, cyst, and fibrosis in the wrists, had carpal tunnell shot and pain was still there and slowly graduating up the forearm, they then did the mri of neck and that showed syrinx, with arachnoid cyst, and two minimal bulging disks. OMG! What is wrong with me,my hands and lower arms go numb, and wake me up at night, then pain went up arms to shoulders and there feels like there is a basket ball between my shoulder blades, can hear my neck popping all of the time, and get weak and pain in my back, also now my ankles are starting to hurt, and sometimes my kneecaps and shins go numb. Is this normal for this condition and is this just the begining or is there more to come? Dr. has me on neruontin, is this a good med for this condition? Can someone answer my questions because have lots of them now that I have done some research?? Thanks a million for careing!!!!