Neurology Community
Syrinx in my thoracic @T7,8 and T9,10

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Syrinx in my thoracic @T7,8 and T9,10

Hello. I have a 3 small syrinx's in my spine in my thoracic @ 7,8 and 9,10 and my Nero doctor diagnoised me with syringomyelia. In regards to someone asking if a small syrinx can cause a lot of pain and can make your symptoms be true to your small cyst and the answer is yes. My cysts are smaller them your and I live with alot of pain everyday. I am on meds and as soon as I was diagnoist with syringomyelia my doc put me and Gabapentin and Baclophen and the weird nerve symptoms went almost away but the pain is still here. I get cold spots on my legs. If I lift almost anything my legs feel like I ran up a flight of stairs. I have chest like pain and tightness. I have pain on my left heel and pain on my right foot right beneath my toes on the bottom of the my foot. I am also now on heart meds because my heart is racing all the time and the heart doc says its from where the syrinx is that it's affecting my heart. I do know that where the syrinx is it starts to shut down or effect things in that area. Also when I wake up from bed in the morning I can hardly get out of bed. My feet, back, hands, wrist etc hurt so bad.  That's my worst part of my day is getting up in the morning out of bed ;(. I would like to know if ANYONE else feels like this and I would love to hear your symptoms too. I feelmsomalone with this. I always see people with the syrinx in the neck(Chiari malformation) but not as many with it in your thoracic. :(

This discussion is related to Small Syrinx and Symptoms.
Tags: Thoracic t7, syringomyelia, Syringomyelia in my thoracic

Syringomyelia is a related condition to Chiari, Chiari is not a syrinx in the neck, it is part of the brain that herniated there, some with Chiari do also have a syrinx as the herniated tonsils cause a CSF  obstruction...a syrinx then forms...a cervical syrinx is more common, but to those that had an injury to that area, those with Chiari can have a syrinx ne where in the spine and do, they r located in the lumbar and thoracic spine.

My question to u is what caused ur syrinx to form, are u sure u do not have Chiari as well?

I invite u to join the Chiari forum as we have many with syringomyelia too,.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Chiari-Malformation/show/257?controller=forums&action=show&id=257&camp=msc
omg it is like reading about me i suffer with all what you said and  other issues like bladder control. every day i am in pain. i cant hold on to a cup without hurting my wrists, i drop everything.to look at you would think nothing was wrong with me but i find everyday hard. mine is fromt7 to t9 levels.be good to talk to someone who understands. diane
i recently had an mri done of my thorasic and found t6-t7 ruptured and t3-t4 t4-t5 t7-t8 t-8-t9 bulging .i recieved an epidural injection 4 weeks ago with no improvement . in said mri they found a syrinx located in my neck and ordered a cervical mri which showed a 4-6 mm in diameter by almost 5 inches long . i am on medicaid and am scheduled for another appointment monday but was called today and told that my medicaid was cancelled. i worked construction and maintenance for 20 years and havent been able to work for the last year and a half. i have headaches that feel like my head is going to explode and constant pain from my neck to my feet. what am i supposed to do . if this is chronic and most likely wont get better what is the point. ive been prescribed tramodol for pain and am having to take 800 mg a day and it barely touches it and i would take more if i could stomach it. right now i am in a pain filled limbo.
  Hi I have a large thoracic syrinx between T6 to T12. I can hardly walk. My lower legs ache all the time and my feet feel like they are walking on pebbles all the time. I have extreme pain in right heel and now and then my left foot goes off the scale. I wake up in agony in the morning(every morning) with massive pain in my back. I have just started developing stiffness in neck and shoulders. I occasionally have tremors throughout my body and my legs just dont want to work .......oh reading these post are horrible but i feel at least someone else understands. I have protrusion in l4 and L5 dics just to top things off........
Took my a while to find this site. I hope they can find a cure for this horrible condition of which is robbing me of a comfortable feeling
I never do once thought I would post but feel the need to now.
I am in my mid 50's and have been battling upper thoracic and cervical pain since 1996. In addition to severe left flan and intercostal pain, severe chest/jaw pain, occipital pain, the feeling of an alien living under my left scapula, arms wrapped in concrete, legs so weak I feel I can't walk, pins and needles in primarily in my left arm an hand.
As I walked this journey I'm saddened over the fact that not on Dr cared about me, my pain and what to to about it. Only one prescribe so many narcotics that it could kill, and I am non compliment as I refuse narcotics.   I know this as I have worked in health care over 20 years now. Some Drs, neuro, anesthesiologist, and surgeons where either cruel with comments, told me what I believe was causing my pain "was not," or just got up and walked out on me.
In 2010 I took my now 27 year old daughter to the ER due to a blown pupil. No trama, but she too growing up had many Heath issues with many mis diagnosis  
Within 3-4 hrs we had our bitter sweet answer.  
My daughter had a chiari malformation I. > 5mm.
Naturally this lead to me questioning my health issues. My daughters post surrey neurologist was crude to me after viewing mt MRI scans and walked out on me, she wasn't the only one to do so.  
Recently I had another MRI, 4 years had past, it shows my syringomyelia which was seen on a scan over 8 years ago had grown from T6-T9. Not to my surprise. I have seen the surgeon and his counter part to find "surgery for it is not a road you want to travel down."
So that is my story, as of current day 10/4/14 I was sent home with no future plan, no medication, and a very poor future. No follow up appointments, no PT, nothing.  In fact I felt like they never really wanted to see me.  Oh and I even called an anesthesiologist I saw for facet blocks, that worked and now all of a sudden he nor other will see me.  
Shame on the medical community, neurologists, neuro surgeons, PCP's, shame on you all.
Sacramento/Roseville CA has some of worst Drs. I wish them better Drs and care than what they gave me.