Syrinx
My Neurologist said not to worry about my Syrinx because it was 2mm and as small as a pencil tip. Should I get a second opinion? He said I should leave it alone to see if it grows.  I have terrible symptoms after I work out, headaches and excessive sudden sweats. Should I ignore it and follow up?
Hi...may I ask how u found the syrinx?...what symptoms prompted the MRI?

Is the syrinx congenital or acquired?....many times u have another condition if it is congenital and u may need to look into that to help relieve the issues the syrinx can cause.
The syrinx if left alone can cause nerve damage...so u do need to monitor it.'

Have u had a MRI of the Brain?...or a CINE MRI?...to see if u have a CSF blockage which can cause a syrinx to form?

Do not ignore this, but u want a dr that deals with this on a daily basis...a Chiari specialist would be whom I would suggest.

U may also want to stop by the chiari forum
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Chiari-Malformation/show/257?camp=msc

"selma"
I just got back my Brain MRI and all came back normal. Does that mean that I don't have a Ciari malformation. I know my sirynx is from an accident, I fell and hit my back really hard.