Neurology Community
T2 hyperintensity frontal lobe
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

T2 hyperintensity frontal lobe

I just had a MRI done.. there is a tiny T2 hyperintensity which appears in the subcortical white matter superiorly  in the right frontal lobe..I have been told just to wait to get another MRI in 6 months..I am kinda worried my symptoms were vertigo..headaches and, I have been very tired lately and I also lately has been having muscle spasms on my right arm when it is bent..I am not sure what to do? What does this mean?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i have had very similar symptoms, and a T2 flair hyperintensity as well> my muscle spasms have become more intense. I am seeing a neuro on friday, but would love to know how things are going for you> did you get any answers?
Blank
1453990_tn?1329235026
The Neurologists are really looking to see two lesions with clinical symptoms.  The hallmarks for an MS diagnosis are  dissemination in space and dissemination in time.  Six months is that "dissemination in time" part.  Sounds like the hyper intensity is not related to your muscle spasms since right sided spasms would be associated with a left sided brain lesion.  Typically, vertigo is related to hind brain (cerebellar) issues.  Given the symptoms, future lesions may present themselves in time.  Do you know the Tesla and slice size of your MRI study?  A 3 Tesla MRI catches about 30% more lesions than a 1.5 Tesla MRI.  Neuro patients going in for head and cervical MRI should ask to see if they are being imaged on a 3.0 Tesla MRI using an MS imaging protocol.  My 1.5 Tesla study was like flushing $1800 down the crapper.  Now I have a new Neuro and they will do a 3 Tesla study in Nov.

Bob
Blank
Is two lesions the magic number? I had a 1.5 tesla and they found one on the right frontal lobe in march. I am seeing a new doc on friday but my spasms are on both side now.. What do you think?
Blank
1453990_tn?1329235026
McDonald Criteria for MS

Criteria 1
* 2 or more attacks (relapses)
* 2 or more objective clinical lesions None; clinical evidence will suffice (additional evidence desirable but must be consistent with MS)
Criteria 2
* 2 or more attacks
* 1 objective clinical lesion Dissemination in space, demonstrated by:
* MRI
* or a positive CSF and 2 or more MRI lesions consistent with MS
* or further clinical attack involving different site
Criteria 3
* 1 attack
* 2 or more objective clinical lesions Dissemination in time, demonstrated by:
* MRI
* or second clinical attack
Criteria 4
*insidious neurological progression suggestive of MS
* (primary progressive MS) One year of disease progression (retrospectively or
   prospectively determined) and Two of the following:
    a. Positive brain MRI (nine T2 lesions or four or more T2 lesions with positive VEP)    
    b. Positive spinal cord MRI (two focal T2 lesions)    
    c. Positive CSF

Bob
Blank
Hi Bob< its been while since i have posted. my symptoms do not seem to have gotten any better just possibly subsided for a bit, In the last year i have had MRI of brain and spine as well as emg and eeg. ALL showing not much except no change from the first MRI. My vertigo has become more severe and very frustrating. I havent been able to do much the last few days due to the vertigo/dizziness has really taken me over. Is it weird to say i feel more dizzy when i hear a loud noise? The symptoms are very vague and I am struggling to find the correct words to explain how i am feeling. My muscle spasm have not responded to the requio and the topamax side effects are worse than the migraines, For now i am just taking the antivert but its not really helping.... any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated,
Blank
in  2008 i had 3cms squared cut out of my right temporal lobe 5 years has now gone by and out of the blue i have been getting these crazy as feelings of dizziness, shaking, chest pains, and neck and shoulder muscle pains. i had a MRI to check up on it and they found out i had a t2 hyperintensity where they had operated but i have been told that it isnt anything of concern so i have no idea where to go from ive been to doctors they say its anxiety and panic attacks but i am generally a happy person.... something isnt adding up here
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...