TBI & Graves Disease
My fiance and I were involved in a really bad car accident X-MAS am of 2012. He has a pre-exsisting Thyroid condition. My question is this,all of his Dr's including his GP and Neurologist have said he's perfectly fine but he's been having emotional outbursts,really bad vertigo,and trouble speaking and walking. What can do we do for him? Any chance his Grave's Disease is making his TBI much worse? How can we get his DR's to take him seriously? I should also mention we were side swiped by a very large snow plow and his head went through the window and hit the snow plow's huge blade!
How is your fiance? What other symptoms are present? Were there initial diagnostic or imaging  tests done to check his thyroid and head trauma? It is good that the initial evaluation by his doctors were fine. A head trauma may also lead to post-concussion symptoms that may last for weeks and sometimes persist for a year or more. This may present with both physical symptoms like headaches, dizziness, irritability, anxiety, insomnia  as well as psychological issues like changes in appetite  and sudden outbursts of emotion. Talk to his doctor about this for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.