Neurology Community
TBI and Hypothalamic pituitary axis shift with impairment of lexical me...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

TBI and Hypothalamic pituitary axis shift with impairment of lexical memory and functional scanning

I was a critical care medic in FL in the back of the ambulance going code emergency with my patient when we had an accident- my head rotated and I couldn’t move my right arm or neck.I was sideways bent over and looking forward through to the front windshield.I don’t remember hitting my head.My jaw touched my shoulder and I cracked a tooth.I have herniated discs c4-5, 5-6,C2-3 and a torn supraspinatus.10 days after the accident I started lactating.I had emotional rage&confusion-I had blurred vision in my right eye and very bad headaches.I was nervous and paid for an MRI scan myself- asymmetrical sella floor- with slight abnormality of right sella sitting lower than the left  no lesion. My prolactin levels were increasing every week.My levels reached 29.9 after 35 days I was fully lactating and put on Dostinex. My progesterone dropped and my ACTH dropped to a 7. My IGF-1 levels dropped to (I am 41). 21.6ng/ ml. I am also emotionally “flat”. This is not who I was.I have: Occipital pain ,Memory recognition problems I write everything down now,Concentration problems- reading doesnt make logical sense or I get stuck on the same line.Left facial asymmetry with some paresethsia ,Not being able to recognize or read simple words- like "mow".I could spell them out but not pronounce them or know what they mean. (this has gotten better). Right arm and leg weakness with 0 reflexes  A uvula that deviates to the left .Abnormal low IGF-1 levels.Abnormal/low GH levels ,Low Progesterone (I am not in menopause) ,Increasing prolactin levels with lactation (nulligravida) ,Positive babinski bilat.Many researchers have seen this in rats- after head trauma. My testing shows impairment of auditory and visual recognition, functional scanning and lexical memory. I was having some mild olfactory symptoms as well (these seem to come with the headaches)It is one thing to damage your brain and not be aware of your changes- you suffer being completely aware that you have changed.I need a Dx.