Neurology Expert Forum
TIA vs seizure
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

TIA vs seizure

Hi- I am 22 years old, and back in June I had an episode that my doctor calls an alteration of awareness. I felt disconnected, dizzy, had a headache, loss of coordination, and weakness (all over). I also had trouble putting words together to answer questions- it took me 30-60 sec to answer simple one word questions.I went to the ER and was given IV fluid, and sent home. I slept for several hours and was fine. I had an array of tests (over 2 weeks that followed)including an MRI, CT (head), and two EEG's. The EEG's were both abnormal, showing slow transients and sharp waves, but no spike-wave pattern. I also have neuro-cardigenic syncope, but take atenolol for this. My doctor witnessed the "event" and did not think it looked like a faint. I saw a neuro, and he was perplexed .I wonder if I didn't have a TIA. I don't think anyone considered this. How likely was it that this was a TIA vs a seizure? I am afraid that something is going to happen again, and that it could be worse. What is the liklihood of this happening again?
Thanks so much