Neurology Community
Tension Headaches

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Tension Headaches

I get what they call Cluster Migraines every other summer like clock work.  Its odd.  I had migraines this past summer and they wree more severe than normal.  The doctor gave me Imitrex needleless injections whiched worked, but since the migraines have gone away i have been dealing with a tension like headache, where concentration is hard at times its been really annoying.  I have been to a ENT and had to do a MRI and nothing came back.  I'm sure stress and aniexty from work and life play a part but it doesn't seem to be going away.  I have tried going to the Chiropractor and they seem to think it could be neck issues and ofcouse would like me to come in 3/4 times  a week for treatments which gets costly.  The ENT referred me to a Nuerologist.  I was curious if anyone has had similar issues and wether it would be worth the vist to the Nuerologist or if its going to be a waste of time and money like the ENT and MRI was?
Have you looked in to allergies, I know it sounds weird but you can also get headaches from an allergen, you might be getting a reaction from something your allergic to and not know it.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. since all your investigations are coming postive and no obvious etiology is detected, it is easier to understand that, the symptoms are showing are due to migraine headaches. Other causes could be stress headache, cluster headaches and a tension headache.  Consult your neurologist for the needful. Take care.