Tests for Neuropathy?
Could an EMG help determaine if you have Diabetic Neuropathy, if the sensory tests fail?
And EMG is fairly definitive, but it is unusual to have no-symptoms (if that is your question)  and get a positive on an EMG.
I just wondering. My husband has diabetes and had the sensory test done, but that showed to be fine. His feet and calves have (as he explains it) shocking feelings in his feet. He says its like jolts of electricity running through his legs. They hurt so bad he is unable to ware socks or shoes, I can't even touch them to rub them for him. The symptoms he has fits that of Diabetic Neuropathy, so I just wondering if the EMG would be able to see if he does have nerve damage from the diabetes. If someone could let me know. Thanks
EMG and Nerve Conduction Tests are common tests for neuropathy.
Your husband should see a neurologist to see if these tests are indicated.
Hi, Thank you for your question. EMG to check out abnormal muscle responses and Nerve Conduction Tests are commonly used tests for neuropathy.  Please consult a neurologist for a better insight of the situation. Hope this helps.