Tetanus Scare
Hi i was scratched (not punctured) by a nail which was sticking out on the wall because it was not properly done,which caused a little cut/scratch on my palm... i'm thinking if i should go to a hospital but i'm hesitating because i'm embarassed because it's only a tiny scratch and they might think i'm overly paranoid because of it (which i am).. i washed it with soap and water then alcohol...i'm 22 years old and i forgot when was the last time i had a Tetanus vaccine shot...should i go to the hospital? by the way the wound only bled a little.. since it's only a scratch and i don't think it's deep...
Well....was the nail rusty?  

There is no need to go to the ER for this, however, you can always consult your physician about this.  Don't waste money and time going to the ER for this.  

Since you are only 22 I am sure your tetanus shot is up to date since certain vaccinations are required to be kept up to date from grade school through high school in the US.  A tetanus shot is good for 10 years.  
I think you need a tetanus shot.  ER is fine, but so are free clinics, you can go as a walk-in to your county health department and be seen by a doc same day.
i'm not from the US... i'm from the Philippines..the nail wasn't rusty... but it's small what makes me paranoid is that there might be a little bit of rust which could be invisible to the eye... my wound was only a scratch not a deep punctured one... some say that i should just wash it... i don't know what to do...
and i'm not sure when my last tetanus vaccine was... what if i didn't have it? or what if i did have it but when...i'm not sure...
Well...if that is the case, then seek emergent care for this.  I was assuming you lived in the US.