Aa
A
A
Close
Tethered cord post op complications
I am 39 yrs old & I had my 3rd spinal cord dethering surgery in Dec. 09. With my other 2 previous surgeries everything went fine, pain was gone. Now with this one I still have the severe pain in the back of my buttocks that radiates down the back of my right leg. I also am compleatly numb in my pelvic region which I did npt have before surgery. I have to straight cath myself 4 times a day & i could not have have a bowel movement without taking laxatives. A week ago I started have a burning sensation at the edge of my rectum. My neurosurgeon said itwas the nerves coming back alive. Now I am having total bowel incontenience. I am a full time college student & can not attend classes due to this. I can not feel anything & I don't know when I'm having a bowel movement. Can anything be done to correct this or am I destined to live out my life in diapers.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
620923 tn?1452919248
Hi.....I don't have answers for u, but wanted to say I am so sorry to hear u r having these issues. I also have tethered cord, but my surgery was replaced with a posterior fossa decompression and the release was put off for now and I am told I will need it in the future.

I know once u have the release it is possible to have to repeat it as the scar tissue can cause it to re tether......Have u been to a post op visit with ur NS?...if so, what does he feel about the issues u now have?

Is this the same surgeon that did ur other surgeries?

I pray this is just a healing process u r going thru and that u feel better soon.

Godspeed
"selma"
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources