Neurology Community
The long term effects of huffing gasoline what can I do to fix myself?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

It was 16 years ago, I spent a year and a half huffing daily, it messed up my life completely and I haven't been the same since, Iv had major depression, it must have messed up my central nervous system as I had chronic anxiety for years, I'm not a fraction of the person I used to be, used to have so much going for me but everything seemed to just die out.

Can anyone advise me on how I can get better or somehow fix myself?

Iv been looking alot into hbot as a means of treating whatever damage Iv done to my brain.
There is no way of reversing the effects of huffing. The high you felt was you depriving your brain of oxygen, which resulted in brain damage and the effect or symptoms that you are now having to deal with. The only thing you can do now is to talk with your doctor about ways to "manage" your symptoms.
My doctors and psychiatrists have been trying to treat the symptoms for 6 years and getting no where, that's why Iv been looking into hbot to see if it could repair my brain.
I'm in the same boat as you Jim I got introduced to it when I was in fourth grade and was hooked after all the way till I was in eighth grade. Completly ruined my life. I never was nor till this day at 35 am the same person. I know how you feel. You just want to be normal again. You wish your brain would just work and wake up again. It ***** waking up everyday just feeling blank. Like you I've been trying all these years trying to figure out how to get my brain back. Maybe we can help each other. I haven't heard of what you mentioned above but I can tell you I've tried everything from high doses of fish oils, vitamin bs. I've tried every kind of brain pill to help your memory that you can get at a super supplements store. I've tried every high doeses of antidepressents there practically is , I've tried detoxifing my body and brain to the max and non of them seemed to work.  I'm lucky enough to have a loving wife and she too is trying to help me.
If you are refering to the Hbot, he is talking about a hyperbaric chamber. The same type of equipment that is used for scuba divers that get the ben's from surfacing to quick from deep depths. There is some controversy about it's use. There is no proof that it does anything and the FDA does not agree with its practice if you will.
I'm sorry to say that there is no way to reverse the damage huffing causes. When you slowly kill of your brain cells by depriving them of oxygen, which huffing does that is it. There is no way to repair dead brain matter.
I will say out of all the things I have tried and out of any medication I've been on there was one thing that seemed to neutralize my brain and that was medical marijuana. Even tho I would rather not it seemed to stimulate my brain and my motor skills seemed to flow a lot more fluently. Being so young as I was I regret everyday one night my friend was sleeping and my parents were asleep and my friend went out to my garage and brought in a gas can and he went into my closet in my bed room and told me to come in and shut the door. He explained to me that if you put you mouth in the gas can hole and keep huffing it you will get high. Being so young and gullable I just watched him and then tried it myself it took about 30 huffs then I remember standing up really quick and saying I font feel right. He was just laughing and said your just high keep doing it. We huffed all night long and all the next day. From then on out I was irrevocably hooked! I huffed gas every single day till I was about in eighth grade going into my freshman year. I had a good group of friends I grew up with from kindergarten all the way to senior year. They all witnessed the transformation I had gone through after hugging gas all those years and didn't understand what was happening to me because I never told one person about my huffing addition I had. I was in my second year of high school in quire class and that's when it fully full blown hit me. I was singing a certain song along with the rest of the students when all of the sudden it just felt like my inner being just left my body. I was no longer Jeremy I was a completely different person. From then on I was just on pause the rest of my life. Never ever moving forward. My friends felt very bad for me and couldn't understand what happend to me. But they were always there for me and always took me out to hang with my friends and even helped me do my school work for me, and now I'm finally getting around to it. One night my friend was having a party at his house my senior year in high school and someone brought some medical marijuana over to share with everyone. We all sat in a huge circle and passed a few joints around. I didn't want to do it at first because of how ****** up I already was from huffing gas but I gave in and sat in the circle. When the joint was finally passed to me it was like the whole room froze and everyone was watching me waiting for me to take a hit. I took a few good rips of that baby and passed it almost instantly there was this warm glow that went from the bottom of my body all the way up to my head and it was like my brain took this huge deep breath like it was drowning for years and I could feel the engine in my brain starting to turn. It was the best feeling I had since I was a little fourth grader before I started huffing gas. I remember getting up from the circle and going down stairs to be alone for a moment and shoot some pool so I could take it all in what was happening to me. I was actually a living breathing thinking human being. My closest friend came down stairs after about ten min to check on me to make sure I was ok and he just stopped and looked at me with this blank stare that seemed forever with his mouth open. And all he could say was your normal.. your normal.. then he ran upstairs and was telling all my closest friends to hurry and come down stairs. They all bolted down stairs and my friend said look and he pointed to me. I could actually look at them in the eyes with an emotion human character that was all my own instead of the non functioning no emotion blank stare retard that they were use to. I never seen such fasination  before as I did as I seen in there eyes that night. It was a night ill never forget. So the next day came and I was slowly regressing back to my usual state of nothingness. Being that marijuana was a felony if you got caught I never did go back to smoking it nut it set me on the path to try and find something else legally that would do the same thing for me as marijuana did. Rest assured at 35 now I have just about tried everything the doctors could throw at me. I have been a lab rat for the better part of 15 years. On the plus side I am happy to say that I am a few weeks away from getting my medical marijuana card because my doctor is now curious to see how it will affect me since everything he and many other doctors have tried on me has failed and they are at a lost for Words. Now don't get me wrong Im not a stoner and I don't want to get high. I just want to feel human one more time like I did many years ago at my friends party and look my wife in the eyes and tell her thankyou from the bottom of my heart for loving me and for all that she has indured for me and to tell her I love her. Even if its just for a hour or so it would all be worth it to me. I am excited to experiment with marijuana in different ways and see what kind of results I get. I really do think there is a lot more to this plant that needs to be studied and researched, but that is why I'm conducting my own studies and research when I start. Looking forward for that key to unlock my dungeon door again so I can come out and say hi. Also might try that hbot that Jim was talking about too to just to see if any what kind of results will show. Anyways wow sorry for getting lost in the moment. Just wanted to share my experience as to what has worked for me in the position that me and Jim are in.