Thinking of one thing, then saying the opposite
I often say something but am thinking the opposite or something similar. I have no idea that I'm saying the wrong thing until someone points it out. At that moment, I feel kind of a jolt in my head realizing that my brain and speech aren't in sync. For ex., I might tell someone about something that happened on a Tuesday. I say Thursday through out the conversation and have no idea that I'm not saying Tuesday. The other person may say, "Don't you mean Tuesday?" Then, it hits me that I'm actually saying the wrong day. This happens often and I have no idea that I'm doing it. Could any meds or brain injuries cause this?
I do the same thing and have for about 6 years now. My husband says it is getting worse. When I am under stress, it is very bad. I have been doing it so long that my husband and children just know that I may say yes but mean no, left for right and up for down. My father had ALS and he did the same thing for about 3 years before he died. My doctor thinks it is neuro related.
I have been doin the same thing and it's getting worse, like tonight I was bringing my dogs in from going potty, I was holding the door open for them to come in and to get them to hurry I said come on (I usually say lets go in and go to bed) instead of saying that tonight I said lets go in and go potty, this is getting worse I am only 41 and menopausal already does this have anything possibly to do with this?
I do itconstantly now trouble I did it to a jugde in my disability hearing and he asked me severle things  icould nottell the truth  felt like my braingot up andleft me
I say the opposite of what I'm thinking but know immediately that I said the wrong thing. My children think there is something wrong in my brain.