Neurology Community
Thoracic hemangioma

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Thoracic hemangioma

I recently had an MRI of my lumbar spine due to increased low back pain.  Part of the report states, "There is a large hemangioma in the T12 vertebral body.  After researching hemangiomas, I noted findings that suggest that coagulapathies had been noted in conjunction with the presence of hemangiomas.  In the last two years I have thrown several pulmonary emboli and had hematological workups to trace the cause.  Is it likely that the hemagioma caused my coagulapathy issues?  One article suggested that treatment of the hemangioma resulted in resolution of the coagulapathy.    If this is the case, would treatment of the T12 hemangioma relieve the pain and resolve my coagulapathy issues?

Yes, i agree with you that LARGE hemangiomas can lead to complications like coagulopathy. Since, your hematological workout was normal, there are chances that surgical removal of hemangioma might resolve coagulopathy.
I just received my mri report it said abnormal signal in the vertebral bodies are seen with increased signal on T1 an T2 and these are likely hemangiomatous changes. Could these changes be from a troma?  Because ever since I sliped and did a split without  falling I had a lot of pain .  Thank you for your time
I am 36 year old female who was perfectly healthy until a car accident 2 years ago, in which I was rear ended at apx 50 miles per hour (I was sitting still and belted in). After 9 weeks of Physical Therapy and regaining the mobility in my neck and head, The pain remained in Thoracic T10. MRI proved 'incidental finding' of 'small' Hemagioma @ T10. Doc refuses to entertain idea that this is source of my pain, despite the location coincidence.  Not sure what to do from here- pain clinic keeps me as comfortable as one could expect w/meds, but I want an end to this extremely painful condition. What non-surgical options are available? Surgical Options? Do I get referal to Neuro Surgeon? Someone-please help !!
I am a 39 year old male who had absolutly no back pain until a work related injury.  workers comp refused an Mri but my family doctor ordered on 9 months after the accident, and my finding were bulging disc at the t7 through T10 and L5s1 and a benign hemagioma at the T12 and i have to admit the T12 area gets so painful at times it makes me vomit and the docotr will not treat that area because they say it isnt work related but remind you i never had any pain at all until that day and when i have pain there in that area you can physically fill with your hands a swelling and i only get pain like when i am walking or moving