Thoracic spine injury
ECM
I was in a car wreck on 4/6/07, we were T-boned by a car going a high rate of speed. I had an MRI which showed bulging disk at T 3-4, T 4-5, T 5-6. Focal right paracentral disk herniation and associated radial tear at T 6-7. Focal midline posterior subligamentous disk herniation and associated tear at T 8-9. Approximation of ventral spinal cord at T 6-7 and T 8-9.

Since the wreck I have tried non-surgey treatments ( for 7 weeks. My back is not getting any better, I have spams all the time, sharp shooting pain,throbing pain, my back is swollen and hurts to the touch in places. My right arms burns and is weak ( from the test I am 60% weaker on the right side), my legs go to "sleep" no matter if standing or sitting.

Is it time to think about surgery? I have read this is the "critical zone" of the spine wht does that mean?

Thank you for your time.