Neurology Community
Throwing up blood (?).

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Throwing up blood (?).

I am bulimic and have been for a while but don't purge as much as I assume others do.  The last few days I've thrown up about three times.  The other day I threw up once and yesterday and today I purged.  The last time I did it (not too long ago) I had just eaten some cheese, a bowl of chips and two pieces of bread with peanut butter.  I threw up and I saw a lot of what appeared to be blood.  I can't say for sure that that is what it was for sure but I don't remember eating anything red.  The day before (yesterday the 19th of February) I did, some boston baked peanuts and a couple pieces of a tomato.  But that couldn't stay in my system if I had throw that up too (hours and hours earlier), could it?  After I threw up a couple times (a little while ago) my chest had some pain and when I burp I feel a sharp pain.  I've read about this on other forums and some people thought that the persons stomach may have been scratched (from throwing up so much). It scared me and I'm wondering if anybody could tell me what it could possibly be.  Thank you.  
*my chest had some pain and when I burp I feel a sharp pain.*

Edit: As well as hiccup.  Frequent headaches and depression.  
Life,

When you throw up you are damaging your esophagus.  All that acid is going up and down your food tube every time you throw up.  Since you saw blood mixed with the food and had burning chest pain it's possible you got a tear in your esophagus and that is where the blood is coming from.  All the acid from vomited food wears the lining down.  Also, repeated exposure to the acid from the stomach whether due to GERD or throwing up repeatedly can cause changes in the esophagus's lining (Barrett's esophagus) over time that in some cases can eventually lead to esophageal cancer.  Just one of the many reasons to try to quit throwing up.  
Be greatful for this sign that you are undeniably hurting your body and stop it now before you do more damage to yourself. I imagine you are a young person who obviously has some problems, but there is help out there for you, you just need to take that step and seek treatment. Does your family know about your problem? If not, tell them so that they can help you :)
Very informative.  Thank you.
They don't know the extent of my problem.  I promised to stop and what do I do?  I go back to it.  I'm growing so tired of food.