Thumping sound in my right ear!
I am 28 years old and overweight, and for about 4 days now i have been having a thumping sound in my
right ear.
It's not matching up with my heart beat and there is no pain involved..just nerve racking at times.
it will come and go, then when i bite down it will rattle.
you know when your sick and everything sounds like your in a drum? well thats kinda what it sounds like when
it starts.only in my right ear.
I have also been having sharp pains right over my heart, mainly when i lay down at night.
dont know if they have anything in common.

This discussion is related to thumping in ear.
Hi, this could be either partially blocked Eustachian tube or wax in ear. Try anti histaminics and decongestants for 4-5 days, if no relief is seen do consult doctor.
Thank you!
I have been dealing with thumping in my right ear since February '11 here.  Sometimes if activiates randomly for only a few beats at a time.  Other days, it persists for up to 15 hours non-stop and it drives me crazy! I've seen the doctor, the physiotherapist & chiropractor (as I also have a TMJ problem), AND I just saw an ENT today.  I also have a whole in my ear drum from a previous myringotomy (15 years ago).  Regardless, nothing seems to stop the beat, as far as I'm concerned.  The ENT told me that there are two tiny little muscles in the ear that help regulate sound as it's processed in the ear,  Any irritation to these muscles over time has caused this current 'beating' sensation.  She is sending me for a CT scan to check the anatomy of my ear & all its functions. I went for sinus X-rays too, just today, to check on the ventilation of my eustacian tube. I would advise anyone dealing with this problem to follow the same procedures; who knows, it may lead us to an explanation & a possible fix. Good luck!!