Tickle on leg
Hi my name is Cassie, for the past month I've been experiencing a feeling as if someone is touching the front of my right leg or a long piece of hair is being dragged across my leg. The area where I feel this tickle is about 2 inches wide. I think its one of my nerves. I am very worried because the feeling has become more constant now than before. I've tried stretching more. I do not work out on a constant basis so the muscles are not being strained. Do I have nerve damage?? I know in my left leg I have RLS, that feeling is a lot different than the one I feel on my right leg. I only get RLS in my left leg when I am lying down to sleep. I get the tickle feeling on my right leg all the time no matter if I'm moving or sitting, any time of the day. Please any takers on what this could be?!

Thanks Cassie
I have similar probem.
I am 79.Since last 5 years, i am having sensation of tightness in soles of my feet.Senstions are of tightness, feeling that i have put on tight socks or tight shoes. there is mild swelling also. I do not feel pain. I can walk or do exercise withou any problem. Sensations are for 24 hours. i have no diabetis, no iron or b12 deficiendy or any neurological problem.Help will be appreiciated. thanks.
Hi Cassie,

Did you find out what it was?  I'm having that same strange feeling.  At first I kept trying to find the damn hair that was tickling my leg lol.  Am also not feeling any pain.  Am young and fit as well.

Cheers James
Found this by someone else.

At this web address...

ask.metafilter.com/142506/Make-it-stop-Why-does-my-nose-tickle

"This is outside my nose, not inside. Would nasal spray help? It feel just like when a hair ends up on your face. It is a very peculiar thing.
I might have to try some antihistamine."
posted by grieserm at 8:51 PM on January 6

They go on to say that they eventually resolved the issue by stopping the use of a new shower soap or something.
This same aggravating feeling started with me last week.  It is on the back of my left calf. I feel it all day long.  The day it started, I keep looking for a thread hanging down from my dress.  Nothing there. I have been having it each day since.  Does anyone know what it is caused by?
When i had magnesium deficiency, i keep feeling like something was touching the back of my foot.  Magnesium deficiency is one of the many causes of RLS.

RLS can be caused by deficiencies of magnesium, B vitamins especially folate and vitamin B12, iron, potassium and vitamin E. RLS can be genetic, from neurologic lesions, pregnancy (folate deficiency or high level of estrogen), diabetes, sleep apnea, uremia, thyroid disease, peripheral neuropathy, Parkinson's disease and certain auto-immune disorders such as Sjögren's syndrome, celiac disease, and rheumatoid arthritis, antidepressants, antipsychotics and certain anticonvulsants, dopamine antagonists (neuroliptics, metoclopramide), acid blockers - H2 blockers and proton pump inhibitors, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), caffeine, heavy smoking, alcohol, kidney failure, hypertension, depression, lack of sleep. RLS can also worsen in pregnancy and with hypoglycemia. RLS can also be improved by exercise and eliminating sugar and other processed foods from the diet.
I have the same feeling that there's a hair on my leg. I was wondering if it has something to do with the veins in my leg. I'm fit. I exercise regularly and I race BMX. So, it has nothing to do with being unfit.
I've had this phantom hair symptom on and off for over a year.  I don't have RLS.  Would love to know how to stop it, but it hasn't developed into something worse, so it's probably more of a nuisance than a worry.
I Have it too! It's driving me mad. It's on my left ankle, and at first I thought a thread was dangling down or something. I feel ridiculous going to the doctor's but I have made an appointment anyway.
For me, it's my left ear. Finally realized there is no hair there tickling my ear! This web site could be really useful if someone with answers ever participated. You know -- like a doctor. I will try the magnesium suggestion, so if that works I will let everyone know.
More than likely this is the issue.  I also am currently suffering from this.
To be sure, ask yourself this question.  Did you ever feel as if though it might be a bug on or under your skin?  This relates to those that say it feels like a hair or piece of thread.  The answer may well be "Formication".
See wiki link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formication
This is fabulous information. The entire chain of messages gives me terminology to use in explaining the sensation to my MD at annual checkup. I wondered how I would describe an intermittent feeling of a loose thread hitting one leg. Turns out it's a real something. And the link to "formication" provides a possible label for the condition - though I dare not say it out loud - LOL!!! Thank you one and all.  
Hey TexLawGal, hows your health been? Have you tried healing meditation? I've found when I'm recovering from an injury, following the buddhist healing meditation practices to be very helpful.