Neurology Community
Tics, Tourette, or seizure?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tics, Tourette, or seizure?

My daughter is 9 months old and since she was about 7 months old she has been doing this neck crunch with a shoulder shrug that seems painful and involuntary, mostly when she's tired or upset. Recently she has been making weird mouth movements. She always opens and closes her hands real fast when she's excited and interested in something. She is a happy baby most of the time but for these reasons among others I can't help but to think there is something wrong. She also always seemed to stiffen her body since she was born. I've changed her formula, treated her for reflux and saw a neurologist who has diagnosed her to have tics just from what I told them about her head and neck movements. They never actually saw her do it. She is so young and everything that I have been reading about tics and tourettes doesn't appear until later so I am not sold on this diagnosis. Could it be seizures or something else?? I have been losing sleep since the diagnosis, help!