Neurology Community
Tightness and Tingling in Temple

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Tightness and Tingling in Temple

I am a 31 year old mom of two.  For the past year, I have experienced tightness in my right temple, followed by pressure, tingling and some numbness.  When I massage the area, I feel something tight, and sore in the temple.  My eye is mildly affected at the outer corner.  I have absolutely no idea what the cause could be or why I am experiencing these sensations.  I am starting to get concerned, as it is occuring more frequently.  Thank you in advance for your insight.

Rebecca
The symptoms you are describing could be due to Nerve root pain.
Nerve Root Pain - nerve root pinching / irritation / compression / trapping is always associated with signs of nerve dysfunction (not working properly) such as pain, tingling, numbness, and weakness. Spinal Nerve Root Pain (Radiculopathy) can arise when nerves become pinched or trapped within the bony spinal canal or vertebral column:- The nerve root here appears to be C2, C3 nerves in the neck causing pain and numbness.
I think you should get evaluated by a neurologist and a MRI scan of upper cervical spine which will help in further coming close to diagnosis.
Hope this helps.
Bye.

The tingling sensations experienced by you in the temple region could be related to some pathology in the nerve.
Kindly schedule an appointment with your physician for a complete evaluation of your symptoms.
Rebecca,

I have had this for 7 years now.  My jaw will feel tight then a tingle goes across my face, not painful, just a weird feeling.  I had a c-spine MRI done last year and it showed a bulging disk at C-3.  I can actually massage my jaw or turn my neck a certain way and it does it.  My neuro says this neck issue would not cause the sensation on my face.  It just seems weird that I know what provokes it, and it seems to be also when my shoulder and back of head is hurting that the feeling is more prominent.  I am also a migraine sufferer so this may have something to do with it also.  I have also had a NCS/EMG and a brain MRI and everything appears normal.  Sorry I can't offer much help, just relaying my experience with this.  Happy Holidays!!   Jen
I am 46 and have been experiencing tightness in my temple, ear, jaw and sinus.  I causes dizziness.  I have no idea what it could be.  My doctor treated me for a sinus infection but no help at all.  Any suggestions?

Sherri
have you asked about vertigo?
This is your trigeminal nerve. I went to a specialist about this after experiencing pressure and tingling in my temple along with tingling and numbness at the top of my ear. I did get a CT scan and it came back normal. Ironically I do have a cousin with Trigeminal Neuralgia, but what she experiences is very painful sensations on one side of her face. The specialist told me that my trigeminal nerve is getting irritated when mine flares up. But it's not technically Trigeminal Neuralgia just irritation of the trigeminal nerve. I also get migraines which is not directly connected to what I experience, but the specialist said it's very common for people who have issues with the trigeminal nerve to be migraine sufferers.