Tightness in a band around my lower left leg...
I've been worried about this for about a week now, I'm 20 years old and about a week ago I have gotten a band-like tightness around my lower left leg, just below the knee. My question is...Is this something I should be worried about? I've had the same tightness on my right arm about 4-5 months ago and it lasted for about a week or so. At first I thought it would just be a minor annoyance that could go away...but is there any chance that this can be linked to something like MS? I did a little research and it seems that band-like tightness is a symptom of MS. Can anyone Clarify this, should I wait for more symptoms? Can I just brush it off and hope for it to go away in a while?
Hello Dear,
                    Multiple Sclerosis cannot be diagnosed only on the basis of your symptom of tightness.Your pain could be due to some unnoticed trauma to your muscle or due to overexertion.You can take some pain killer for  this and apply some topical gel to relieve the pain. Do not presume anything on your own and hope for the best.
Best
I am wondering if you may be having other symptoms as well?  Any weakness in these extremities, and any chance that they occurred on the same side of the body?  I am a medical person, and if there is no injury proceeding these sensations, that may be more concerning.  I would contact your doctor and discuss your concerns.  Seeing a neurologist may be in order.  Band sensations in the extremities are often related to MS, but there certainly can be other causes as well.  If you know deep down this is just not "right" or normal... follow your instincts!
best of luck!!