Neurology Community
Tingling, Pelvic/Abdominal Pain, Chest burning, all over aching/stingin...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tingling, Pelvic/Abdominal Pain, Chest burning, all over aching/stinging

20 year old female. 2 months ago, I began experiencing sudden tingling all throughout my body. It was incredibly intense, as though ants were crawling all over me--that skin crawling sensation. I couldn't even sleep it was so strong. Gradually, the intensity decreased, but it still hasn't gone away, and I've developed new, equally random-seeming symptoms. I have an intermittent, but always painful to the touch, sharp pain on my lower right abdomen/pelvis. It sometimes feels crampy, and at one point felt like burning. I also feel as though my chest/ribcage area is burning/inflamed and everything seems to just ache all over, sting, or tingle, particulary at this point my back near the ribcage, legs, and feet. I've had a pelvic ultrasound, stomach x-ray, and stomach CT with contrast, as well as blood work, and all is normal. I'm very frustrated and honestly, scared. Can you help me?  
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1093617_tn?1279305602
Hi, If your all the investigation reports came back normal, then most likely possibility in your case could be a panic or anxiety disorder that you have faced during last event and currently experiencing. Cause of such panic disorder mostly remain unknown but in this disorder you may feel symptoms like shortness of breath, feeling of choking, pain in the chest, nausea, stomach ache, feeling dizzy, tingling or numbness, chills /hot flashes, bounding heartbeat or fast heart rate, sweating, shaking etc. even without any underlying disorder. This disorder needs to be thoroughly assessed by a psychiatrist first since this can occur repeatedly and without warning.  Treatments may include psychological and drug treatments, and depend upon extent of severity of symptoms. Most commonly psychological treatment tried is counseling, relaxation techniques and sometimes cognitive behavior therapy. Drug treatment depends upon treating the underlying depressive illness through anti-anxiety or anti-depressant medicines.  In addition, try to rest in a dark & quiet room, meditate, have a balanced diet, regularly exercise and avoid taking unnecessary non prescription drugs to avoid recurrence of symptoms.

Hope this helps!!
Blank
It seems to me that a panic attack would not last 2 months, come on when I'm not at all anxious, nor be this intense, but thank you for your descriptive thoughts.
Blank
Also, I don't have any of those symptoms of panic attack (just thought I'd clarify that, so anyone else reading this can be helped), but again, thank you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...