Neurology Expert Forum
Tingling/Pain in Upper Thigh
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tingling/Pain in Upper Thigh

Several years ago I began experiencing a slight tingling and numbness in my right upper (front) thigh, distal to the centerline of my leg, from the knee up.  I only really felt this when I lay down to sleep (on my back, w/ lumbar support).  I switched to a softer mattress and it went away -- until last summer when I started teaching classes several (4-6) hours a day.  This 4-6 hours on my feet everyday seems to have aggravated the condition. Now it tingles and feels cold often, whether I am sitting, standing, or lying down.  As I walk a mile or two or teach for several hours, the cold tingling turns to a burning pain accompanied by sensations similar to a pulled muscle.  There is no muscle weakness, but the illio-psoas sometimes feels tight, as walking with large strides becomes difficult (FYI:  I pulled that illio-psoas several times in the '80s doing Kung Fu).  I am female, in my early 30's and 30 lbs overweight, but walk daily and have no other unhealthy vices.  Much of my work is contract, which limits my health care, so extensives tests are probably way out.  I can't really avoid the standing every day either. Any advice or suggestions?