Neurology Community
Tingling and Numbness in Both Legs All the Time

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have had restless leg syndrome for several years and take Requip at night. I also have severe degenerative disk disease and spinal stenosis, diagnosed five years ago following a myelogram. I am now 60. Three months ago I started to have extreme touch sensitivity in both legs. About 6 weeks ago I started having numbess/tingling/discomfort that is becoming painful in both legs. It is down the front and not the back and varies between being worse in my thighs or calves. I also have intermittent sensations of cold in my calves or thighs. This happens mostly daytime, is intermittent but getting more constant throughout the day, and also at night, is not relieved by sitting, standing, or bending forward. Acetaminophen does not help. Sleeping pills help at night some. I have had some pains in my knee joints intermittently, and intermittent pains in my hands. Once I had tingling in my arms. My internist is checking for iron and B-we deficiency; we have ruled out the iron. Any suggestions?
Tags: spine
     How are you? Tingling and numbness with pain in arms and legs can occur due to a number of causes like atherosclerosis, diabetes, herniated disc, damage to the nerves supplying that particular area, electrolyte imbalances, hypothyroid, stroke, migraine, iron and vitamin B deficiencies etc.

In your case you need to rule out atherosclerosis, which is common at your age. Other possibilities could be damaged nerves due to spinal stenosis, electrolyte imbalances and diabetes.

I would suggest that you visit your neurologist and discuss the possible options and follow his advise.
Best.