Neurology Community
Tingling and Pain on Right Side of Body

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Tingling and Pain on Right Side of Body

Hi, my name is Tiffany, I am 24 years old. In January, the first week of January, I began having problems with my right side. I would go through periods of tingling, pins and needles as well as numbess from my arm down to my toes. With my general dislike of needles and doctor's I waited until February 26th to go to my General Practitioner, after having two months of symptoms.  During my appointment my doctor asked me to get into a gown, and then he began to stick me with two objects (one sharp and one dull). During this test, my doctor stuck me from head to toe in hopes that I would be able to distinguish between the alternating sticks( a few sharp and a few dull). On my right side my doctor said I was wrong with each of his sticks (30 to 40 sticks). He then asked me if I had any family member with Multiple Sclerosis of Lupus. He referred me to a Neurologist, and after having 2 MRIs w/ and w/o contrast, 1 EEG, labwork and an EMG/NCV my results came back normal. I was told that my B-12 was extremely low, 214. As a result, he prescribed weekly B-12 injections for the first four weeks and one every two months thereafter. He also prescribed Pamelor as a means for headache prevention. I began having problems again with my side Sunday, severe pains as well as numbness on my right side. I notice with each onset the symptoms seem to worsen. I called my Neurologist and he wanted me to immediately come to his office for a check-up. Now my neurologists has decided to perform a CT Scan of my chest w/ and w/o contrast, in hopes of insuring it is not LUNG CANCER?    He also prescribed a Medrol Dospak, and Vicoprofen every 6 hours as needed for pain. Is it possible to rule out Multiple Sclerosis as quickly as he did? My MRIs were two months after onset, and not even a month apart. Is it possible that Lung Cancer could cause the problems that I am experiencing?  I don't smoke, but my mother and father have all my life. I am so worried, I just don't know how much more I can take.
Have you had a cervical MRI? ( NECK)?...I have read MS legions can be in the cervical spine...I would ask for MRI's of your neck ,back...areas. .

GOOD LUCK!
Yes I have, not even a month after my first MRI.  I have read on several forums, that MS can be difficult to diagnose, especially since no two cases are exactly alike.  I though that pre-diagnosis was horrible, that is until I saw lung cancer as a pre-diagnosis from my Neurologist.  I am considering going to Savannah to start seeing a group of Neurologists.  Do not get me wrong, I think the Neurologist I have been seeing was not all that bad.  But when his nurse came up with a sheet of paper from him, saying that I possibly had Lung Cancer really bothered me.  Especially since he had mentioned nothing of the kind during our visits.