Neurology Community
Tingling and numbness around shoulder blade

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I'm experiencing tingling and numbness in my back between the shoulder blade and spine on my left side. I can't recall feeling it on the right side, but it's possible that it is, and I can't distinguish because the left side tingling is so prominent. It feels like it is in my muscle - it starts as a tingle and becomes numb/tingly several minutes later very often throughout the day. It began 4-5 days ago and seems to happen more frequently now. I'm a 26-year-old female. At first I thought it was overworked muscles, or something similar, because I'm moving into a new house and have been doing physical things such as painting, bending and lifting more than I am accustomed to, but I haven't been doing any of those things for the last 3 days or so, and the tingling is getting worse. Is this something I should shrug off as a result of unusual physical activity, or something I should be more concerned about? Any information on what could cause it?

Thanks.
Hi.

This can be a result of the excessive physical activity you have done recently. It may not be anything serious, and I think it will go away with some supervised physical therapy. But to be safe, you should consult your doctor, preferably a Neurologist. A clinical examination of the area will be the best guide.

Regards
i have been having tingling and numbness on my back on the upper right side for about 1yr now. The symptoms and become more intense and have now spread to my elbow and fingers. I do have a job were I type and sit most of the day.. I don't know what this could be. Does anyone have maybe a suggestion of what I should do about this ? I have been living in constant pain.
Hi, lick everyone else i seem to be having the same issues, only thing is, i have been going to physio for it , for about almost 7 months now, goodness this has been a long time. Originally i had been going for a issue with my rotary cuff, i had hurt my shoudler at work and i have been doing aqua therapy, plus the physio, they sent me to a specialist to see what else can be done, because a couple months after my injury i ended up having some tingling in my shoulder blade, and then up my neck, not to mention the sharp pain i have been getting there.
You would think after this length of time i would be seeing some kind of improvement, actually there is some, i do have range back in my shoulder. But the tingling and pain i have in my shoulder blade seems to be getting worse. They put restrictions on my left shoulder at work and i couldnt use it. So with that i now have tendonitis in my right wrist for over use of it. I keep thinking wht else could go wrong. Earlier they had said something like issues with C7 T1 area.
Im just getting a bit perplexed about it, i need this to be over to be able to continue working the way i should be.
Hi Im Olivia, Im 19 years old and I have been having a tingling pins and needles type sensation in my left shoulder for about a year now. At first I thought it may be because my bra was too tight, then I got new bras and the problem was still there. I worry because I have a mole around the same area, but i am unsure if these will be linked or not. Also I have heard It could be linked to serious muscle problems which also worries me as I get painful still hands from time to time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Olivia x
I am 24 years old and I have been have some issues latley.  Back in April I was laying on the couch taking a nap and when I woke up my left ear felt clogged I went to an ear nose and throat specialist and they think that it is menoires disease I have also been having a lump feeling in my throat that they say is caused by anxiety which I don't believe and recently I have been having numbness in my left shoulder blade and on the top left of my head are these all related?  If so what could it be caused by and what should I do?
It could also be Bone Spurs (Osteophytes). I have experienced the numbness and tingling for several years. When I first noticed it my doctor ordered a MRI. That's where the bone spurs showed up and that was his diagnosis. I noticed the tingling/numbness in the shower the most especially when I am raising my arms up to wash my hair etc..
I have tingling in my right shoulder, and sometimes down my arm into my hands. It's the result of a pinched nerve in my neck. The tingling isn't the worst of it, I get horrible headaches. Treat the pinched nerve before it progresses!  I sit at a desk at a computer for 10-12 hours a day. Mine is caused by bad posture that I've been trying to correct with physical therapy.
I'm Alissa,  fifteen years young and I also have experienced a tingling, burning, numb, and sometimes itchy spot on my right lower part of my shoulder blade, it especially burns whenever I slouch. This has continued for about a year now and I'm getting worried. Any advice?