Neurology Expert Forum
Tingling fingers and back pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Tingling fingers and back pain

For about a week and a half now I have had tingling in my fingers. It started on one arm and now I feel it in both hands. I also have back pain in my lower back on my left side of my hips. I cannot sit, stand, or lay on my back for an extended period of time without pain in my lower back and shooting pain down my left leg. My left leg also goes numb occasionally and tingles constantly. I'm in the military and do a lot of physical activity, so I think it might be a sports related injury. But I'm afraid it's something seriouse like a spinal injury. What's wrong?
I really encouage you to see you doctor as soon as possible. These symtpoms sound similar to those of patients with MS.

Best of luck to you,
Michele
it sounds very much like some sort of spinal compression. you should proabably get an MRI done.
My husband, who i very athletic-plays golf and referee for basketball- had this same type of symptoms. He was diagnosed with a bulging disk that the Dr's had to shave down- this was compressing the sciatic nerve. I agree with the others see a Dr. have MRI.