Neurology Expert Forum
Tingling fingers in right hand and arm pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I'm not sure what I have, but I've been suffereing with severe arm pain that any pressure on the forearm causes pain and tingling in the fingers. I've also been having constant headaches everyday it seems to source from the cervical area of the neck and base of the skull. I'm wondering if my neck headache pain is causing the pain to shoot down my arm and cause tingling in my fingers. I've had several MRI and nothing has shown up in the results. One doctor has sugested that it was wartenburg disease... and uncureable.. but I think it's misdiagnosed.. please help me as I want to solve this problem and stop the daily headaches...

thanks
Melissa
Avatar_dr_f_tn
I am happy to address the questions that you pose, although it is important that you recognize that my impression is based entirely on the information you have provided in your posting and is by no means a substitute for an office visit with a neurologist.  Diagnosis is contingent on detailed history and physical exam and as such, the following information should be considered solely for educational purposes.

Your symptoms can be caused by a variety of conditions, the fact that you do have headache and neck pain with these sensory disturbances make cervical disc disease a possibilty. I am note sure what kind of MRIs you had done but you probabely need cervical spine MRI imaging to look for any evidence of degenerative changes in the spine or any structural lesions. but before that a detailed history and a thorough neurological examination is a must to guide the work up. you might also need some electrodiagnostic testing (EMG/nerve conduation studies) to assess for presence of nerve damage.

I suggest you see a neurolgist to get this thorough evaluation done and then the management plan will be tailored accordingly.

Thanks for using the forum. I hope you feel better soon.