Neurology Expert Forum
Tingling in hands and feet, and slight tremor
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tingling in hands and feet, and slight tremor

I am a 32 year old female in pretty decent health, except for longterm GERD which is being treated with Protonix. I am also on oral contraceptives.

In December 2001 I experienced tremors in both hands. I went to a doctor who told me not to be concerned. The tremors dissipated after two weeks.

Several days ago I developed mild tingling and burning in both hands and both feet. In addition, the tremor has returned.

Should I be concerned? What are some possible causes? To add to this, I would like to note that I have had several instances of hypoglycemia recently due to not eating enough because of the reflux disease.

I greatly appreciate your input.
Related Discussions
There are numerous causes of tremor and peripheral neuropathy. Hypoglycemia can certainly cause episodic tremor as well as numbness.tingling in the hands and feet. Thyroid disease, certain medications such as inhalers, transplant meds, cardiac meds, etc..., anxiety, and inherited and acquired peripheral neuropathies can also cause your symptoms. In your particular case, hypoglycemia may be the culprit depending on the temporal relation to your symptoms and low blood sugar. Good luck
2 Comments
Blank
I ALSO HAVE TINGLING IN BOTH ARMS TO THE POINT WHERE THEY GO TO SLEEP.THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE IN ANY POSITION THEY JUST GO, AND FOR THE TREMORS I ALSO HAVE THEM,WHERE MY WHOLE BODY WILL SHAKE (ALTHOUGH I AM SEMI AWARE) FOR ABOUT 2-4 MINUETS AND THEY DON'T KNOW WHATS CAUSING EITHER, I HAD A STROKE IN JUNE 2002 AM A 47/F. THEY ALSO DID A MRA AND THEN A CEREBRAL ANGIOGRAM AND FOUND I HAVE AN ENLARGED BASILAR ARTERY,I HAVE FREQUENT "TIA'S" ABOUT 2-4 PER WEEK WHERE I AM UNABLE TO SPEAK,WALK PROPERLY I GO TO SEE A DR AT UCLA BUT NOT FOR A MONTH ANY IDEAS.COULD THE ARTERY PROBLEM BE CAUSING THESE. SHOULD I BE DOING PHYSICAL WORK? NONE OF MY DR'S HERE HAVE ANY ANSWERS? I WOULD APPERCIATE ANY IDEAS OR COMMENTS YOU MAY HAVE TO OFFER..
THANKS SUSIE
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703