Neurology Community
Tingling in hands and feet

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Tingling in hands and feet

For the past few years I have experienced tingling pain in my hands and feet at night time before going to bed. Sometimes it would be while I was sitting on the couch and sometimes it would be right before I fell asleep. It felt sort of like the tingling with your limbs falling asleep without the numbness and more uncomfortable. Sometimes shaking my legs or feet would make it better for a moment. It made me very uncomfortable and made it hard to sit still. It wouldn't happen every night, but became more and more frequent.
Lately it has been happening earlier and earlier in the day. Sometimes in the middle of the day. Before I thought it was just my body's weird way of falling asleep. But now it is happening much more frequently, earlier in the day, and is more painful.
Any ideas?