Tingling left leg
I've been having tingling down my left leg frequently. It doesn't hurt. It's just a really weird sensation.   Could it be a cause for concern?  6 years ago I did have a brain tumor removed from my frontal left lobe.
Hi, Thank you for your question. Burning sensation, numbness or tingling sensation in any part of body is considered nerve related in origin. This burning sensation you are having can occur due to impingement, irritation or compression of nerve of thigh. Most frequently involved nerve is lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh (which is branch of femoral nerve). This condition is called meralgia paraesthetica which manifests itself as pain, tingling or burning sensation of outer thigh. It may occur due to injury to nerve either due to spinal deformity or along its path to thigh by any ligament or tendon stretch, excessive tight clothing (therefore it is also called "jeans disease"), diabetic neuropathy or damage to nerve after surgery etc. Another nerve which may cause pain in legs is sciatic nerve compression. I would advise a CT scan of spine and thigh, blood sugar levels, and EMG to check out abnormal muscle responses.  Once the diagnosis is reached then treatment modalities available are strict rest, loose clothing, painkillers (NSAIDS and opioid), pain modifier medicines like carbamazepine may also be prescribed by the doctor. Therefore a neurologist’s consultation may help you in this regard.  Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take care.