Neurology Community
Tingling/numb feet, fingers and face. Joint popping/cracking.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Approximately a year ago, I started having numbness and tingling in a few parts of my body along with joint popping and some muscle tightness.  Went through several tests (blood testing, head/cervical/lower spine MRIs, muscle testing and a spinal tap) with a neurologists which supposedly ruled out all the really bad diseases. The one issue that was found was an elevated protein level of near 85 in my spinal fluid.  The neurologist stated it was most likely due to some sort of inflammation.  After a couple of different tries at drugs, I'm currently on the lowest dosage of Venlafaxine which does seem to help the symptoms but not totally eliminate them.  The numbness/tingling mostly resides in the soles of my feet and occasionally hits some fingers and around my chin.  When I'm sitting or standing still the numbness in the soles/bottom of my feet is worse than if I'm walking.   The joint popping still is in my joints but not to the severity at the beginning.  One thing I have noticed that seems strange to me is that I now bruise when they take blood (which never happened prior to this starting) and it seems to take longer for cuts or scrapes to heal. I've not really noticed any other symptoms than the ones I mentioned.   Has anyone else experienced something like this or have any suggestions as to what they think could cause it to happen?  Thanks for any input!