Neurology Community
Tingling sensation in my left foot

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Tingling sensation in my left foot

I have tingling sensations in my feet sometimes with pain and shaking, tremor, heath and have to move my feet’s to cold area in bed. Can anybody tell me why?
  • Left Hand Tremor (2 replies):
    Not sure if to post this here or on Anxiety but here goe...[more]
  • twitching (1 replies):
    Hi I am a 40 yr old female. For about the last 8 months...[more]
  • stumped (1 replies):
    I've been experiencing multiple symptoms for about six w...[more]
  • Twitching arms (1 replies):
    Recently I have been having some problems with my arms t...[more]
  • Twitching (1 replies):
    I have twitching which begins in my thumb & fore finger ...[more]
Hello Dear,
It seems you have been having some neuropathic condition like Benign fasciculation syndrome which is a neurological disorder characterized by twitching of various voluntary muscles in the body like that in eyelids, arms, legs, and feet.The twitching may be occasional or may go on nearly continuously. An electromyograph test is desirable to assess your condition better.
Do you also have altered sensations, fatigue, muscle cramps and exercise intolerance?
Have your anxiety levels incraesed in the recent past?Also get your blood pressure levels and blood sugar levels checked.You should consult a neurologist and evaluate the cause.
Best
Avatar n tn
He!!o Dr. Simran

I have got the same sensations, and I am trying to find out what exactly it is called.

But I'd like to tell you that this is not twitching. Twitching is different. I guess Homeopathy is unimaginably advanced than allopathy, since homeopathic doctors ask this question by themselves, whereas an allopathic doctor does not know about these symptoms.

In this particular symptom, moving your one pair of limbs, or hand and foot of one side (left, in my case) to a cold area gives you relief. It is a tingling sensation, with some heat also there. Like, when I go to sleep, I need to move and rub my left hand and foot to a colder area of the bed sheet, even in winters, which relieves me. In fact, I could keep my left limbs under an ice block!

Such people can NEVER cover their left (again in my case) hand and foot. The moment I cover my left hand and foot with a sheet or blanket, I have an immediate, intolerable floundering that forces the hand and foot out in the open, in search of colder area.

I said "no" to a homeopathic doctor who asked me if I was unable to cover my limbs of one side and which side. Because I never noticed it. Within days, I noticed I would do that without fail, even in winters!

Till date I haven't been unable to cure it. All I want to know is what the hell it is, or why it is. Now, after this explanation if you are able to understand what this is, then please let me know.