Tingly lips, fingers, nausea, headache, light sensitivity
Yesterday during a car ride I experienced many symptoms, starting with nausea and hot flashes then I got tingly fingers and lips, got out of the car and for a few min I could not speak properly I was slurring and lisping very heavily it was very scary. It went away within a few min and we continued the ride, the whole night I had a headache and sensitivity to light. Today being 1 day later I still have a mild headache, mild nausea, a bit weak, and if I think about something too hard my head hurts. Had a head rush today, and last week I had one so bad I fell forward onto my desk when I stood up. Any idea what could bring on these symptoms? I have a low temperature but my forehead is hot.
Hi there. This is most likely migraine which is a neurological syndrome characterized by altered body perceptions, severe headaches and nausea, temporary dysphasia, vertigo or feeling dizzy, tingling or numbness of the face and extremities and hypersensitivity to touch. Photophobia and phonophobia and response to certain triggers and precipitants like change in environment, smoke, physical or emotional stress, exercise etc.
Conventional treatment focuses on avoiding triggers, symptomatic control, prophylactic drugs. Drugs can be over the counter analgesics,analgesics with aniemetics, serotonin agonists like triptans,antidepressants, ergot alkaloids etc all are used to treat an attack.
Consult with your neurologist for an evaluation and management of this syndrome headache. E would also order certain investigations like MRI brain to rule out other possible causes like stroke, ruptured aneurysm or transient ischemic attacks.
Take care.
Thank you :-)

So a migraine can bring on slurred speech and the inability to speak? The day after it happened, in the evening my right pointer, middle, and index finger tips became slightly tingly and "light" feeling. A friends father gave me 2.5 - 3mg of valium and within 20 min. my entire days nausea was gone and I felt normal! Could this have been brought on by stress and anxiety than?