Neurology Community
Tingly/numb arm and fingers

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Tingly/numb arm and fingers

I woke up 3 mornings ago and it felt like my whole left arm was asleep. This often happens to me because I sleep with my arms curled up under my chest a lot. This time, however, the numbness/tingly feeling hasn't gone away, and it's been DAYS. There is also a fairly persistent twitch in my left shoulder and also occasionally in my fingers. I feel like I have less control over my hand/arm function as well. This hasn't really prevented me from doing anything, which is why I don't really want to pay to go to the doctor until I have to, but my arm feels extremely weak at the end of the day. I even experienced a little bit of nausea yesterday, but am unsure of whether or not that is related. I did bang my elbow extremely hard (and thought that I might need to see a doctor) about a week prior to this happening, and I also occasionaly have problems with my left wrist, if I bend it too hard into a 90 degree angle it is fairly painful, and will hurt for a while. The numbness is mainly in my thumb, and 1st two fingers, and not so much the 4th and pinky, and it goes all the way thought my arm to my shoulder. Any ideas?