Tinnitus and Neurology
I'm 34 and a couple years ago I developed a high state of anxiety. After a couple years of dealing with that (still not completely over it), I went through another big life change. After making this recent life change I started having rining in my ears. A couple months before I had a couple bad ear infections. I talked with my ENT Doc and he said tinnitus is usually realted to hearing loss. I haven't noticed any hearing loss since those ear infections and I went and had a hearing test done, which identified some hearing loss (from before I knew about), but pretty much my hearing was good.

I got the idea over the past couple days that maybe this has nothing to do with hearing / hearing loss. I have visited an Accupuncurist and she brings up nothing. I don't really like or trust Western medicine, but I'm thinking I should go see a Nuerologist.

I've thought it was stress... but that's calmed down since my move over the last couple months. But... maybe??? I just don't know.

I just feel it's odd that this won't go away. Tonight is a really bad night. I can't sleep and I laying there worried. Sometimes I get heavy eyes and headaches, but that's usually when the tinnitus is so bad I can't sleep. It's not typical if my tinnitus is okay.

Over the past week my tinnitus jumped up a bit. Actually, a lot. It was as high as it is now a month or so ago, but calmed down. This past week I think I strayed from my diet and it notched itself up.

The thing is that it never went away. It's always there and I'm afraid to talk about it because when I do I get afraid that by identifying it that it will get worse.

After reading this posting, I think there could be more to this than just having it related to 'hearing loss.' I've always had a little ringing, but not like this. I just know that I have been through a lot this past couple years and I'm wondering if it's something else that might appear to be getting worse.

I've read about Lyme Disease, fluild build up in the brain or spinal cord, and a coupld others.

Can anyone tell me where to start? I just know there is something more to this.
I just joined this forum Please forgive all the re-postings. I didn't realize they were actually posting.