Titanium Allergy After Surgery???
I had brain surgery 3.5 years ago and have progressingly worsened.  Titanium mesh was used in the procedure.  I know it's rare and I can get a Melissa blood test to show if I'm allergic, but with no fever or rash, could you please describe some of the symptoms?  Among the many deficits, I feel as if the site hasn't completely healed.

Thanks for your time!
Thanks for writing in.
Titanium is considered a biocompatible metal and the allergy is very rare. The symptoms include rash, chronic fatigue syndrome. As you have rightly mentioned Melissa test is the only scientifically proven test to diagnose titanium allergies. Please get it done.
Take care!
In June of this year I had major foot surgery that included 2 titanium screws inserted in the big toe of my right foot.  After all this time I am still experiencing swelling and a lot of pain when walking.  I also suffer from the genetic disease of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (type 3) that affects all of the bone and connective tissue in my body.

Because the the EDS, could that be affecting the reaction/pain I am getting from the area of the titanium screws in my big toe?  My attending doctor feels this may be a contrubuting factor and I may have to get the screws removed.

Thank you for your response and time.