Neurology Community
To operate on Ulnar nerve or wait for further diagnosis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

To operate on Ulnar nerve or wait for further diagnosis

Hello, I have a compressed ulnar nerve of which I am to be operated next Tuesday.  In the meantime I had an MRI which showed problems with  C4/C5, C2/3 disk problems and I am recommended to go for further tests.  

My question is should I go ahead with the operation next Tuesday or is the ulnar nerve problem connected to the disc problem shown by the MRI?  By having the operation I might not be fixing the root of the problem and if this is the case I don't want to go through a needless operation.

I would like to add that these problems came about from a fall around 7 months ago.  
Thank you for any advice you may give.

Related Discussions
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543_tn?1371753642
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank
Top Neurology Answerers
620923_tn?1439824912
Blank
selmaS
Allentown, PA
338416_tn?1420049302
Blank
jensequitur
Fort Worth, TX
293157_tn?1285877039
Blank
Wobbly
Avatar_m_tn
Blank
Ball123
1780921_tn?1416842066
Blank
flipper336
Chandler, AZ
209987_tn?1418913008
Blank
tschock
AB