Neurology Community
To operate on Ulnar nerve or wait for further diagnosis

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hello, I have a compressed ulnar nerve of which I am to be operated next Tuesday.  In the meantime I had an MRI which showed problems with  C4/C5, C2/3 disk problems and I am recommended to go for further tests.  

My question is should I go ahead with the operation next Tuesday or is the ulnar nerve problem connected to the disc problem shown by the MRI?  By having the operation I might not be fixing the root of the problem and if this is the case I don't want to go through a needless operation.

I would like to add that these problems came about from a fall around 7 months ago.  
Thank you for any advice you may give.