Tongue
I have a student who tongue actually gets stuck to the roof of his mouth. The doctor ordered Valium 2 mg because he thought it was seizure related, but the Valium does not help. He was in the ER for 5 hours during the weekend. Believe it or not Benadryl helped him.
This might occur 2-3 times per day while in school. He cannot swallow. He does not drool and not having body movements or anything else that resembles a seizure. No pain involved and no spasm of the tongue. Student takes Geodan, Trileptal, Resperdal, Prevacid, and Concerta. He is 19 years old. Could this be anxiety related. I surfed the web and could not find any information.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If benadryl has helped then it could be an allergic reaction. His symptoms could be due to angioedema. This is swelling of the deeper layers of the skin due to an allergic reaction. The reaction occurs more commonly on the face around the lips and near the eyes. Therapy lies in identifying the allergens and avoiding them and anti histamines. His symptoms could also be due to side effects of his medications. Discuss these options with his consulting doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.