Tongue Twitching
Thanks for everyones time.

I have had the tip of my tongue twitch on and off for about a month. It twitches mostly when I speak, It does not interfere with my speach, meaning I do not have slurred speach or difficulty speaking. It mostly twitches for a split micro second at the end of a word sentence or word. It sort of feels like it the very tip sort of cramps up (no pain), for a split mili-second.

I saw a neuro the other day and he said it was stess / anxiety and to relax and not worry about it. He did a brief neurological exam, tested my reflexes,  told me to stick out my tongue and that was it

I had system wide twitching a few years back that sort of went away.  I did an emg back then that was clean.

Any thoughts would be great.

I am not sure what to do or thin
Hi Amir,
How are you feeling?
Are there any other symptoms associated with it?
Do you feel twitching in any other parts of body?
Fasciculation’s and atrophy are signs of lower motor neuron lesions. Unilateral tongue weakness causes the tongue to deviate toward the weak side. Tongue weakness can result from lesions of the tongue muscles, the neuromuscular junction, the lower motor neurons of the nerve supplying the tongue (CN XII), or the upper motor neurons originating in the motor cortex. Lesions of the motor cortex cause opposite side tongue weakness.
If a neuro exam is over and unremarkable that suggest there is no pathology associated.
If you are still concerned and the symptoms are annoying, then a review opinion can be taken from a neurologist.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
Hi.

Has this symptom worsened since it was first noticed? Do you experience any other symptoms? Is there anything during the past month that has you stressed or anxious?

It would, indeed be possible that stress or anxiety could be related to your symptom, probably via exacerbation of a normal/physiologic twitch. And with a normal neurological examination and EMG, I would advise you to observe your symptoms for the time being to see if there would be any changes. If the symptom worsens or new symptoms develop, it would be advisable to consult your physician.
Hi thanks for your reply,

My symptoms actually go and come, some times worse than others, I had it really bad 2 weeks ago and then all of a sudden it got better and now its getting a little worse. No other symptoms, just this annoying thing. This whole thing started after I got a cold about a month ago.

Thanks again Any thoughts would be great
The very tip of my tongue started twitching 3 months ago. It will just twitch for a second, go .. mabye twitch again another second and then  I will not feel it again till the next day. Made me real nervous. I'm strong, no other symptoms that would indicate ALS. I have had alot of headaches from tightness in my neck so not sure if its related to stress or what.
i have had tip of my tongue twitching intermittently throughout the day for about 3 weeks it is not accompanied by any other symptoms. i dont know what is the possible reason or its consiquences.
Many times it is simply a benign tremor that causes the twitching that you talk of. I have that!! It is quite benign and can be controlled with a low dose beta blocker. Mine is absent with this treatment. Talk with your PCP or Endocrinologist.