Tortuous artery in brain
I just got my MRI / MRA results back and it says that there is a tiny focal prominance present in the region of the anterior communicating artery which may simply be n the basis of tortuosity; however a brain aneurysm at this location can not be excluded.  Is this normal?
Dear Alyag, welcome to the medhelp forum. Cerebral aneurysm is a weakness in the wall of a cerebral artery causing a localized ballooning of the blood vessel, which can rupture anytime leading to subarachnoid hemorrhage and hemorrhagic stroke. This is commonly encountered in the circle of willis, particularly the anterior communicating artery and is an incidental finding. If you are a hypertensive, a strict control is warranted. Other risk factors need to be taken care of like avoiding head trauma, controlling hyperlipidemia and close observation. Sudden onset of severe headaches and vomiting with visual disturbance needs to be informed immediately as may indicate an impending rupture. Discuss with your neurologist about his concerns. Wishing you all the best.

I am waiting for an appointment from the Neurologist but that can take up to three months and my Doctor didnt even know how to explain what the results were to me.  So of course i read the report and see that there is " a tiny focal prominence present in the region of the anteriror communicating artery projecting inferiorly which measures approximately 2mm in maximal dimension.  An aneurysm at this location can not be excluded on the basis of this study" worries me alot and i do not want to freal out until i can see the neurologist in three months.  I just wanted to see if anybody knew if this means that i likely have one or if the reasoning of "could be based simply on tortuosity" is a common finding.  I suffer from headaches but they are not debilitating