Neurology Community
Toxic Encephalopathy and/or Brain Fog

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Toxic Encephalopathy and/or Brain Fog

Does anyone have an info on toxic encephalopathy? My oldest daughter was watching 'Mystery Diagnosis' this morning and I decided to pay attention to it after I heard several of my own symptoms described. I've seen a Neurologist, Cardioligist, etc.., but no one has been able to tell me why I feel the way I do. After watching this show and looking up the symptoms, I feel like this may be the cause. Does anyone know if I should go back to the Neurologist and, if not, what type of doctor covers this? Simple blood tests were able to dx toxic enceph. although the normal array of blood tests showed no problems.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for writing in.
Toxic encephalopathy is a form of permanent brain damage which is characterized by short term memory loss, anxiety, depression and diminished brain functioning.
It is more commonly seen in railroad workers due to exposure to solvents.
Do you have any of these symptoms?
Please check the link below for more information.
http://www.felalawhelp.com/fela/toxic-encephalopathy.html

Thanks!
These are the previous posts that describe my symptoms:
" frequently feel "out of my head", like I'm unable to concentrate, have difficulty talking (slurring) , difficulty focusing, and often feel quite dizzy. For example, driving to Wal-Mart this past Sunday, I began to feel this way. While in the store, I had to really concentrate on walking, talking, thinking about what items I needed. At the register, I felt like I was going to just 'plop down' on the floor. My daughter said that I looked pale in the face. It almost feels like my head and eyes are swollen, but they're not."

The only medicated I'm on is Atenolol in an effort to minimize my Arrhythmias. What makes me wonder about this toxic enceph. is that I have just realized that when I first starting having these problems, about 7 years ago, my best friend and I began a cleaning and painting business. Is it possible that a combination of paint fumes and cleaning products could cause this?