Trans Cranial Magnetic Stimulation for Treatment Refractory Tardive Dyskinesia?
I had read some information on TCMS being used for treatment refractory tardive dyskinesia. I have tried every known treatment and there still are many breakthrough spasms (dystonic, akathestic, myoclonic). Is this showing to be of any help or is it too soon to tell? I had almost signed into a study for TCMS (before it was FDA approved) for the psychosis I experienced from schizoaffective but at the time as a treatment as a whole it was under study. I've made a good recovery from that now but I still need help with the tardive dystonia. Now that TCMS is FDA approved in general I know it would be safe. But is there any evidence it would be effective on tardive dyskinesia, tardive dystonia or other related conditions? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
There is one case report. And because TD is so similar to Tourette's, it is instructive to note that 9 studies have been done. I think three found no effect (but one was stimulating in the wrong place at the wrong frequency) five showed effective benefit.
Apparently, 1 Hz is the frequency and Supplementary motor cortex is the location. This is part of the brain in front of the primary motor cortex next to the midline. Since there is little else available, and TMS is so safe, it may be a good thing to try.  RB,MD
Thank you for that information.  It was only two hours ago that I learned of TCMS and I was stymied by my lack of access to some of the journal articles.  

Any suggestions for good keywords/starting points to use to look up TCMS in regards to UMN that might lead to information that isn't paywalled?