Neurology Community
Transmission of parasites

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Transmission of parasites

Can you get parasites in your brain, from someone who may not necessarily be suffering from parasites, just not know it, or may have them in their gut? apparently there needs to be a mediator for parasites... first the pig gets infected by human feces, and then the human eats the pig, then gets the parasites.

Can you get parasites without the pig mediator? straight from human feces?  
Taenia solium:

"The parasite will then form cystic lesions that can also affect the eyes, muscles and spinal cord. The exact location of the cysts will determine the symptoms of the disease. Parasites in the brain can interrupt the normal neurological activity and cause brain seizures. On the other hand, parasites that attach to the brain-fluid cavities will cause symptoms such as headaches, migraines, nausea, and dizziness, as well as brain seizures. These additional symptoms may occur because the parasite is interrupting the normal flow of brain fluid within the brain. Over time, this blockage of fluid may cause pressure to build up that can lead to permanent brain damage. "

The thing is, ive been having terrible migraines and blury vision in my right eye. Its not too bad, but the blurriness is Just noticeable. Ive gotten a catscan, that came back clean. Im soon getting an MRI on the 8th, that hopefully will clearly show any abscess or foreign body.  

Im hoping that this parasite thing is just a nervous fear after seeing a video about a woman with a parasite in her brain. As ive never had migraines to this degree before, it got me really excited and concerned, foolishly. But, parasites are not impossible to get, and im experiencing the symptoms that they cause. But on the other hand, simple migraines can also cause things like Nausea, and dizziness, which i have been experiencing as well. And migraines are a more common ailment, so im really hoping this all clears up quickly, because my anxiety level has just about maxed out.

I would have a fever and enlarged lymph nodes if i had a parasite in my brain... id like to think. What kind of sensation would i have if i did have a parasite in my head? Pressure? Tickling? Im going crazy thinking about it, but i have ot be patient for my neuro appointment.
Got back from the neurologist a few hours ago, and i was Diagnosed with "Simple seizures without intercranial epilepsy". She has put me on Depakote 125mg to be taken once a day, and she also suggested that i take "Excedrin Migrane (migraine)".

i have pain all up and down my spine, mostly in the middle, and ear pain. These are two things i forgot to mention during the evaluation. Are these kinds of pains significantly Odd or Common for migranes (migraines) and seizures?

I dont want to entirely rule out a parasitic infection, since i have strange sensations in my skull, such as tickling and "crawling". Even after i take benedryll, that normally lowers the feeling of itchiness. This sensation im feeling could be caused by the migrane (migraine)/seizures. but This all started so recently, and im thinking of all the times that i might have come in contact with the parasites. There are many, in retrospect. It just alludes to how careless and unhygienic i can be. Being around kids, also isnt a benefit when trying to break habits, like opening door handles with the outside of my shirt... im a bit OCD, but not getting Brain parasites was the only upside to that it seems. lol I know its a bit silly to assume that i have parasites in my brain, but its not impossible.

Ill be getting an MRI in approximately two weeks.
You cannot hardly avoid getting parasites, they get in people through so many ways, to include the standard food and water when traveling sort of thing, to an ordinary mosquito or fly, or just breathing contaminated dust or air can give you a parasite!  So, you need to find an infectious disease specialist in your state, go visit him, and he will determine if you have any parasites anywhere in your whole body, be it your brain or wherever.  

Now, this obsession you have is all fine and good, but keep in mind how rare it is for a person to get parasites in their brains.  These TV shows are sort of like amusement park rides, scary to be sure, and at least it's making folks aware that this parasite issue exists, but this is not the norm.  Also, you haven't been feeling well, this can make a person a little jumpy, but a doctor has found out you have a medical issue and has given you treatment, and could be once that is under control, you'll slow down a little and relax about the whole thing.  Also, could be your symptoms may come from this newly discovered health issue and they'll go away once the medicine starts working.  

But obviously you must see an infectious disease specialist in your state, so as to settle the issue once and for all.  You can do an ordinary search online for that type of specialist and your state, and if one does not show up, try the next state over or nearest large city close to where you live.  Atlanta has those types of specialists, for example.  By the way, there is excellent and systematic treatment to get rid of any parasite, so if you do have them, that specialist will get rid of them for you.  He may even be able to tell you where they may have come from, so you can avoid that sort of thing in the future.
Thanks. My circumstances are unfortunately not in my favor. Ive got chrons, and right now my lymphocytes are extremely low. My doctor says that my immune system can fluctuate, and its current levels are acceptable. It just seems that i might be vulnerable to parasitic infection.

But i will contact a Infectious disease specialist. Thanks for the advice.
Ok. i in fact DO have parasites. Ive been doing a cleanse for the last week, and its showing results.

Ive got a weak gut, those parasites are in my blood. There is Nothing stopping them from making an attack on my brain. While my lymphocytes arent extremely low, they Are lower than id like. This is an opening for parasitic infection. I need a doctors Opinion, becuase i am going through a whole series of tests, for unrelated brain stuff....

Would an EEG be able to detect parasites in the brain? How do brain parasites alter your brain function? Will an MRI be the only definitive way to determine if i have a foreign body in my head, such as a ...however large they grow to be, parasite?

The pictures, and videos im seeing on the internet. im as scared as hell. Not evven exaggerating. Im sure that there are people that have worse health conditions than me, and get exposed to things all the time.. but what are the chances that i am one of the "rare cases"?