Neurology Community
Transverse venous and superior sagittal sinus thrombosis

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dr.  4 months ago I was diagnosed with a right transverse venous and proximal superior sagittal sinus thrombosis.  I am a 53 year old female.  My latest MRI shows no significant interval changes to the last MRI in November.  I will soon see a neurologist but I want to know what treatments are available and what risks do I face living with this condition?  I am  presently taking coumadin.
How are you feeling?
Firstly we need to find reasons whether thrombosis is due to systemic cause or disorder in coagulation profile.
Secondly after knowing the cause treatment would be directed to treat the cause. Like any disorder in coagulation profile the factors would be replaced.
Thrombolytic therapy would be started like aspirin, clopidogrel and other similar drugs.
There would be higher chances of having stroke if thrombosis is not treated.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
Hi there,last aug i was diagnosed with transverse sagittal thrombosis seen thru MRI/V but not seen thru CT Head. This was happen when i started using heparin(fragmin) for 1 week after i was diagnosed to have portal vein thrombosis. I got 2 clots on my body. I was hospitalized due to severe headache, nausea and vomiting and my hematologist told me it was HIT (heparin induced thrombocytopenia) but not convinced the clot from my head was from HIT bec MRI said it is chronic. I have migraines, episodes of dizziness on and off.My repeat MRI showed the clot is still there. My hypercoagulation workup result was normal. All i want to know is there any prevention to this kind of disease knowing that all my coagulation workup was normal? Please someone help me.
I was diagnosed with Deep Venous Sinus Thrombosis (DVT) last May. I am done with my Lovenox shoots and I am on Coumadin now.

I live in Florida and I am planning to go to Europe on August. I read online about the risks and precautions of flying with DVT in the legs. Does anybody know about the risks of flying with a DVT on the head? any advise, experiences or comments?

Thank you.
We all need to stay in touch with our doctors, and we need to ask our neurologists all of these questions.  I asked about flying and my neurologist basically said to live life.  I think since circulation re-routes around the clot we have no worries with pressure problems.  I can tell you that I've had my clot for 2 years now and barametric pressure on rainy days really affects me.  Not anything major but I get some headache.  
hi,
i was looking for answers my self on a different question about  transverse sinus thrombosis. i am 44 and have had one since i was 22. that was my second go round with clots. i also had major clots jam packed from the hip down in my left leg, across my pelvis and one in each lung the size of a silver dollar when i was 20. i have had three strokes due to the sinus thrombosis. i read your question about flying. i have coagulation defects. factor v leiden and prothrombin gene mutation. i have been told by my hemotologist not to fly. but you are correct, you do need to check with your doctor. do you still have the clots? i just recently found out that the clot in my leg is still there and has recannilized. thanks.