Trazadone
My neurologist prescribed Trazadone 50 mg to take at night to help with sleep.  I'm being treated for occipital neuralgia and the pain is very annoying and I can't concentrate on anything or feel relaxed because of this. I've been waking up with a headache for the last 3 weeks and getting really sick of it!

Can the Trazadone be taken during the day as well? or is it a sleeping medicine?  Anybody on it?
Trazadone is an SARI antidepressant.. It is sedating and thus frequently prescribed for sleep for those who have insomnia with anxiety/depression.  You can take during the day but it is sedating and you should use with care until you know it's daytime effects. Let me know how you make out if you decide to use it.
Has your neurologist ever recommended neurontin or lyrica?
No, not Neurontin or Lyrica.  He mentioned Clonazepam because it's longer acting then Xanax but I'm scared....don't need any cognitive impairment.  I'm very apprehensive toward taking prescriptions and such but might try the Trazadone this week.  Yes, I am depressed/anxious and can't sleep.  Feel like a walking zombie nowadays. Had to cut out caffeine and stimulants cause of panic attacks.