Neurology Community
Treatment for bulbar palsy

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Treatment for bulbar palsy

My aunt has all the symptoms of progressive bulbar palsy but has not been diagnosed. Her doctor suspects ALS but the neurologist says she doesn't have enough symptoms as of now. She is unable to speak for anyone to understand her, her tongue seems to be almost paralyzed, she is aspirating and she cannot swallow, also, she has a feeding tube.  At this time she is in the hospital with major congestion.  To my knowledge she is not taking any medication for her symptoms and is living in a nursing home when she isn't in the hospital.  

Thank you for any information you can give me.  She is 74 years of age and before she had the present symptoms, she began falling without any cause.