Neurology Expert Forum
Tremor and BFS

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Tremor and BFS

I was wondering if you could shed some light on the significance of developing a tremor with BFS?  I am a 23 y/o male and have had BFS symptoms for 14 months now with two clean EMG's along with 3 BFS diagnoses including one from the Mayo Clinic.  This being said, I have been continually told that the bodywide-tremor I have developed is not characteristic of BFS and have yet to get a straight answer to the significance of it.  Furthermore, from some of the BFS-related chat boards I have been to, it seems that having BFS and developing a tremor is not that uncommon.  Can a tremor be part of BFS or should I be looking into something else?  

Thank you,

Craig

P.S. I also have Hashimoto's and am taking both Synthroid and Cytomel; however, my tremor began approximately 3 months before I began treating my thyroid condition.  Other than that, there are no other drugs, alcohol or caffeine that would be contributing to this.
I can not find any association between BFS and tremor within the medical literature. The diagnosis of BFS has been confirmed by multiple doctors. For the tremors, I would recommend seeing a movement disorders specialist. I am not sure where you live, but we have an excellent department here at the Cleveland Clinic. With any movement disorder, it becomes crucial for a physician to see what you are describing. I hope things work out for you.